Take Advantage of the Assistance You Need
Do you have a child with developmental disabilities in Louisiana? The Children's Choice Waiver provides supplemental assistance for children with developmental disabilities. Whether they reside at home with their immediate parents and family or with a foster family, all waiver participants can receive much needed support for medical necessities.
Some of those include: healthcare and Medicaid services, (EPSDT) Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment. This LA Children’s Choice waiver package has been created for multiple scenarios. Clients may also be eligible for the following services beyond medical necessities:
- Case Management & Support Coordination (required case management)
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations - such as physical modifications to a home or vehicle, like installing ramps, railings and other adaptations
- Family Support: Caring assistance services given directly to the child
- Family Training - Educational and Training Services for the participant's family by a professional organization
- Center-Based Respite – These are short-term services offered to children who are unable to take care of themselves, so that their guardians can have relief
Eligibility for Children’s Choice participants must meet the Louisiana definition of developmental disability. Ages can be newborn through 18 years of age. If a child is over the age of 18 they may still qualify for another government waiver assistance program.
Find out more about the Children’s Choice NOW Waiver.
Contact us for inquiries.